UC Riverside | CE-CERT
Distinguished by more than 50 years of high-impact research, the University of California at Riverside has become a leading institution exploring issues critical to growing communities at home and abroad. UCR's Bourns College of Engineering – Center for Environmental Research & Technology (CE-CERT) is the largest research center on campus, bringing together multiple disciplines to address society’s most pressing challenges in energy, environment, and transportation.
GNA worked with UCR CE-CERT to support the launch of its Center for Renewable Natural Gas (CRNG), which focuses on improving technology and reducing barriers to achieve widespread commercial production and utilization of RNG in California and beyond. This included:
- Collateral Development: The core goal was to develop materials that demonstrated the considerable opportunity the state of California has to achieve its renewable energy and climate change objectives by harnessing its vast and replenishing sources of methane (e.g., landfills, wastewater, organic and green waste, agricultural waste). The graphic-based materials, shown below, clearly convey the benefits and energy potential of commercializing each possible RNG feedstock.
- Launch Event Programming: GNA helped the CE-CERT team develop a launch event to promote the Center for RNG’s core research areas and goals. Our team helped plan the panel topics, recommended and invited speakers, and served as an onsite liaison at the event to ensure everything ran smoothly.
- Targeted Attendee Outreach: In order to ensure the right attendees participated in the Center for RNG launch event, GNA developed a targeted outreach list with key members of the natural gas industry, clean air advocates, public agency representatives, and large natural gas vehicle operators. Our team developed a UCR-branded mobile responsive 8-week email campaign that featured various session topics and speakers, and provided clear call-to-actions on how to register for and sponsor the event. The event drew more than 300 attendees and received overwhelmingly positive feedback from participants.
GNA also supported CE-CERT’s Emissions & Fuels Research team to publicly release a technical report that evaluated ultra-clean heavy-duty natural gas vehicles during common in-use duty cycles.
- Media Fact Sheet: To better convey the findings of the complex technical report, GNA developed a one-page media fact sheet that distills down the key takeaways from the report through the use of graphics and succinct bullet points.
- Press Release/Media Relations: GNA worked UCR’s communications and technical team to write a press release and provided media training for the lead researcher of the report to ensure the findings of the report were strategically positioned and garnered media coverage from industry media publications.
- Communications Strategy
- Copy Writing
- Graphic Development
- Collateral Development
- Media Outreach
- Targeted Email Campaign
- Key Stakeholder Engagement