LNG Canada is a joint venture between four global energy companies who all have substantial experience with liquefied natural gas (LNG). Shell, Mitsubishi Corporation, KOGAS, and Petro China have partnered to build an LNG export facility in Kitimat, British Columbia
GNA Creative collaborated with LNG Canada to increase public awareness and support for the proposed LNG export facility to be built in Kitimat, British Columbia. It was important to educate regional residents, community leaders, local businesses, environmental groups, students and government agencies about the basic properties of LNG. There needed to be an open, two-way dialogue between local stakeholders and LNG Canada to proactively answer any questions about potential concerns regarding natural gas and LNG, as well as safety concerns about the proposed LNG export facility. GNA Creative worked with LNG Canada to achieve these goals by:
- Hosting multiple live LNG demonstration events in the local towns of Kitimat, Terrace, the Haisla First Nation and at the Vancouver LNG Conference.
- GNA CEO Erik Neandross donned his lab coat and safety glasses and provided a real-world science class about the properties of LNG – including how it becomes liquefied, how it is safely stored and handled, what happens if it spills or is released, mixed with water, warmed up, and even ignited.
- The live events reached a wide variety of stakeholders, from school children and local residents, to the fire chief, local business leaders, the mayor and city council, as well as other decision makers.
- GNA Creative co-produced a 10-minute educational highlight video with footage from the live LNG demonstration events to provide real time answers to all interested stakeholders, working with the LNG video production team.
- Contributions included writing the script, developing interview questions, and creating the B-roll shot list.
- The video is available on the LNG Canada informational website, www.lngcanada.ca, as a resource for stakeholders who perhaps were not able to attend one of the live LNG demonstration events, and to further public support for the project.
- Video Production
- Email Campaign Development
- Outreach List Development
- Media Relations
- Copy Writing
- Graphic Design & Content Development
- Reputation Management
- Press Conferences & Media Relations
- Community Engagement
- Event Logistics
- Messaging Strategy
- Brand Video